Greetings Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you for visiting my web page as I am running for Mayor of Duncanville in the upcoming May 2018 city election. Mayor Green has chosen not to run for re-election. The Mayor and I have discussed the many issues we face and the future of our city. I am concerned about the issues, excited about the opportunities they present and I possess the leadership qualifications to meet Duncanville’s future vision. I would like to serve you and our community by continuing to work hard on the matters that impact our city.
My Personal background is:
- A resident of Duncanville for 19 years.
- I have a B.A. in Russian from the University of Arizona, and an M.B.A. from the University of Dallas.
- Retired from the Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES), with over 33 years in strategic leadership positions until my retirement at the Global Headquarters in 2003, where I was Sr. Vice President. I was responsible for Executive Management, Organization Leadership, Global Retail Sales and Marketing, the E-Commerce division and the $1.3 billion AAFES private label credit portfolio.
I am very active in our community and serving Duncanville:
- Current President, Board of Directors, City of Duncanville Community and Economic Development Corporation
- Member, City of Duncanville Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee
- Vice President, City of Duncanville Tax-Increment Financing District Board
- Current Chair, Finance Committee, and a member of Gospel Lighthouse Church
- Serving on Board of Directors for two nonprofit organizations
- Member, Duncanville Rotary Club
The following activities reflect my commitment to training future leaders:
- Adjunct Business Professor, Southwestern AG University (SAGU) (2014 – Present)
- Adjunct Business Professor, Tarleton State University (2015 – Present)
- Professor of Management, SAGU (2004-2013)
- Associate Professor and Chair of the Business Department, SAGU (2006-2013)
- Completed doctoral course work in management at Walden University
My wife, Marlyse, to whom I have been married for 47 years, and I have traveled the world with AAFES. We have chosen to make Duncanville our home. We have found a strong love for our community and wish to keep Duncanville attractive to young families as a great and affordable place to live.
In closing, I have the Leadership Experience to be your next Mayor. Mayor Green has dedicated many years of service to our community. He is endorsing me as your candidate for Mayor in this next term. I look for your support too. I ask for your vote this May 5th.
Please feel free to contact me as I want input from citizens like you. I welcome your ideas to enhance our city.
Thank you for your support and your vote,
Early Voting: April 23 to May 1
ELECTION DAY: MAY 5